In this episode we dive deep into the story of our own personal friendship story and take a closer look at how friendships evolve as you grow. We joke about the fact that we have been friends since before the internet existed when in reality, it’s more accurate to say that we have been friends since before the internet was EASILY accessible — yep we’re talking about DIAL UP INTERNET YA’LL. To our dismay, the days of xanga and AIM away messages are gone — but our friendship remains stronger than ever. And that is the real focus of this episode, as we take a closer look into the evolution of female friendships.
Some of the things we touch on are:
- How your friendships and needs change as you age
- Looking at the internet as a tool to help you foster and grow friendships
- The importance of being intentional with the friendships in your life
- The challenges of making new friends as adults
- How distance can make your friendships grow *stronger*
- The importance of fully understanding what you need from friendships and setting boundaries
- Trying to break the cycle of choosing your phone over human interaction
- Common misconceptions about introverts (like us)
- We discuss the idea of “you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with” and what that looks like to us
Fore more, listen to our latest episode here.